How can you Resolve Alexa App Stuck on Setup Issue?
Alexa app is an amazing feature of the Echo device that makes using the Echo far more superior and convenient for the users.
Though the Alexa app helps you in making the functioning of the device easy but many times you may come across problems while using the Alexa app. One such issue is the Alexa app stuck on setup issue.
To complete the setup you must install the Alexa app first. Many times you may notice that the Alexa app got stuck on the phone’s screen. If this is the issue then you will not be able to complete the setup until and unless you resolve this issue.
Besides, the app will also not connect with other devices so it is important to fix this issue immediately.
In this blog, we have covered in detail the solutions that you can follow to resolve the issue with the Alexa app while completing the setup.
Troubleshooting Alexa App Stuck on Setup Problem
Check if Alexa App is compatible with the Device
Before following the steps to complete the setup, the first thing that you need to check is the requirements of the app. The first thing that you want to do is to check the Alexa app that is compatible with the phone that you are using.
If the phone and the Alexa app are not compatible then it can be the reason why you are facing the Alexa app stuck on setup problem.
- But, if the app meets the requirements then here are the steps that you need to follow.
- Open your phone and then go to the Settings option.
- Now, select General and then tap on About.
- Here you can check the version of the iPhone.
Restart your Smartphone
- Often a quick restart is all you need to fix most of the compatibility related issues especially if the problem is not that major.
- Restarting the phone helps in removing temporary configurations that may come in between the setup process.
- It also helps in improving the performance of the device and allows the apps to work without any issue.
Change the Date and Time
If you are coming Alexa app stuck on setup issue then it can be because of the date and time. If the date and time that have been set are not correct then it can result in issues.
Here are the steps that you can follow:
- Open the Settings menu on your mobile phone.
- Then go down to the Date and Time option.
- Then go to the Automatic Date and Time option. Then enable it.
Disallow the Smart Network Switch
If you have enabled smart network switch then sometimes it may result in the Alexa app stuck on setup issue. You can follow the steps mentioned below to check if the smart network feature is enabled or not.
- Open the Settings menu and then tap on the wi-fi option.
- There you will find a smart network switch option. Now, untick the box to disable the feature.
- Now, open the Alexa app and check if the problem is solved or not.
Update the App and the Phone’s Software
- Updating the device and the app can help in fixing most of the issues. So, if the Alexa app stuck on setup. Then make sure that the device is running on the latest software version.
- If the device has not been updated for a long time it may have compatibility issues.
- Also, check whether you need to update the app. Many times updating the app helps in fixing the glitches and bugs. You can check for an app update in the App Store or Google Play Store.
Uninstall and Reinstall the Alexa App
- If the solutions mentioned above are not able to resolve the issue then you must delete the app from your phone.
- Once the app is removed, restart the phone.
- Now, open the App Store or Google Play Store and then reinstall the Alexa app.
In this blog, we have covered in detail the solutions that can help in resolving the Alexa app stuck on setup issue.
However, if the problem is unresolved then make sure to get in touch with the technical support team for help.