How to Completely Resolve Amazon Echo not Responding Problem?
Amazon Echo is one of the best selling products out there. Thanks to the amazing technology and features it has to offer.
The Echo allows you to listen to your favorite setup of music, set alarms, ask questions and so much more. It is very easy to use and that is why people prefer using it over any other smart speakers available in the market.
Though the device is very simple to use and provides users with amazing features and functions sometimes you may have to face the Echo not responding problem.
The Echo device is powered by voice-controlled personal assistance called Alexa. It makes it easier and convenient for users. The device is a perfect addition to your smart home.
But, if you are facing issues while using it then it can become very annoying to handle this problem.
If you are new to using the Echo or the problem keeps occurring in your device it is better to contact the support team for help.
Quick Fixes to Resolve Alexa Echo not Responding to Voice Problem
Are you having trouble while using the Alexa on your Echo device? Is it because the Alexa on your Echo is not responding to your voice commands? If you are facing a similar issue then do not worry.
Here we have discussed in detail the solutions that can help you fix the problem.
Basic Troubleshooting Guide to Fix Alexa Echo not Responding Problem
If you are having a problem with the Echo because Alexa just won’t respond to your commands or voice then there are few solutions to try.
Check the Microphone Button
In some situations, you may come across a problem where the Alexa is working but not responding to the voice commands. If this is the problem then you must the microphone and make sure it is enabled.
- Check the top of the Echo for the microphone button. You can find the button with a mic symbol.
- Press the microphone button and give any command to Alexa.
- If the Alexa Echo not responding to voice then you will have to press the button and then give the command to fix the issue.
Restart the Echo Device
Often a quick restart of the Echo device is all you need to resolve the Alexa related issues. If you are having any trouble with the Echo the first thing that you can do to fix this issue is to restart the device.
- Press the up and down button and then press the microphone button on the top twice.
- This can help in resolving the problem but if Amazon Echo not responding problem still occurs then here are the steps that you can try:
- The first thing that you need to check is the blue color light. If the light is turned on then it means the Alexa can hear the voice command but not responding.
- Then you must take out the plug of the Echo from the power outlet. Then turn it off for 30 seconds.
- The plugin the cable and reconnect the device. The device will start establishing a wireless connection.
- This will enable the rebooting of the Echo device.
- Now, give a voice command to Alexa and then check if the issue is fixed or not.
Disable and Enable the Privacy Option
If the Alexa Echo not responding problem occurs then you can follow the steps mentioned below to resolve the problem.
- Press the button that you can find t the end of the nucleus button.
- It will enable the Alexa and press the button again to make it listen to your voice commands.
Hard Reset the Echo
If nothing else helps resolve Echo not responding problem then you may have to perform a hard reset. However, before performing a reset it is always advised to seek help from the technical support team.
But if you have decided to perform a hard reset then here are the steps that you need to follow.
- First of all, look for the reset button at the bottom of the Echo device. You can use a paperclip to press and hold the reset button for a few seconds.
- Once you press the reset button it will change the orange in color.
- Wait until the device turns off and then restarts. This will make sure that the Echo device is set in the original settings.
- You will then have to use the Alexa app to set up the Echo device.
Alexa is not Responding | What Else can you Do?
If Alexa is not listening to your voice commands then the Echo may be on mute. So, how do you know this? If you turn on the Echo and it is red then the Echo is mute and it is not able to hear your voice.
You can resolve this problem simply by pressing the microphone button on the top of the Echo. However, if the Alea is not mute but still not answering then try restarting the Echo to fix the issue.
The Echo light shows a violet color if it is not connected to the internet. So, if the problem s because of this reason try troubleshooting solutions to fix wifi related problems.
Sometimes the Echo not responding problem can also occur is the Alexa is unable to understand the accent. To resolve this problem go to the Settings option and then use the Voice Training feature.
It allows Alexa to understand your accent so that it can easily recognize it the next time.
These are some of the solutions that can help you with Alexa echo not responding issue. However, if the problem persists then we recommend getting in touch with the Echo support team as there could be a technical issue involved.
The support team knows the problems with the Echo and can help you fix it immediately. So, make sure to get in touch with the technicians for technical advice and expertise.