How to Fix Echo Not Connecting to Wi-Fi? Problem Solved
It can be very frustrating to see that the Echo just won’t respond to your commands. Mostly this problem occurs when the Echo is unable to connect to the wifi.
One of the main requirements of the Echo is a stable internet connection, so if you are having a problem with the network the device just won’t work. Echo not connecting to wifi is a common struggle that the users have to go through.
If you are facing a similar problem then the good news is that you are not alone. This problem is one of the most common among Echo users. However, you need to fix this issue for the Echo to work properly without any hassle.
In this blog, we have covered in detail the step by step guide that you can follow to resolve the wi-fi related issues with the Echo.
Here is how you need to Setup the Echo Device to the Wi-Fi Network. Completing the setup is important otherwise you won’t be able to use the device.
So, if the Echo is not properly setup then you may come across wifi related problems. So, if you are not sure how to set up the Echo it is best to get help from the technical support team.
Why is my Amazon Echo not Connecting to Wi-Fi?
There are many reasons why this problem may arise in your Echo device. So, here are the few things that you need to check.
- Check the ring light of the Echo. If you are seeing purple or orange color light then it means the issue is with the wi-fi connection.
- Another thing that you need to check is the password that you are using while trying to connect to the network.
- Try moving the wifi router closer to the device or vise-versa and see if the wifi issue resolves.
- Another thing that you can try is to connect the wi-fi to 5 GHz instead of 2.4 GHz. Switching the band can sometimes resolve Echo not connecting to wifi issue.
If you are still experiencing issues with the Echo because of wifi then here are few troubleshooting solutions that you can follow.
- The first thing that you need to do is to check the internet connection. If the internet is not working you know why your device is having trouble connecting to the network.
- Try restarting the router to fix wifi related issues. You can also try simple basic troubleshooting solutions to resolve the wifi related issues.
- Often a quick restart is all you need to resolve the Amazon Echo not connecting to wifi issue. Simply turn off the Echo device. Wait for a few minutes and then restart the device. This will help in fixing some of the wifi related problems.
- Double-check the wifi password that you are entering while connected to the wifi. If it is incorrect you are bound to have a problem with the Echo.
- Lastly, if you are still facing issues with the Echo then resetting the device is the only option that can help you resolve the issue. If nothing seems to work then resetting the Echo is the only option left.
- Reset will wipe the settings of the Echo and resume the default settings and you will also have to complete the setup.
- So, it is always better to contact the support team to seek expert advice in this situation.
How to Connect the Echo with the Hotspot to Resolve the Issue?
- You can use the hotspot app to connect the Echo device with your laptop or mobile hotspot. This can very useful especially if you are facing wifi related problems with your device. Especially if you are traveling then this feature can be very useful.
- The hotspot app acts as a bridge that helps in connecting the Amazon Echo with another device and fix the wifi related problem. You will have to complete the setup of the Echo with the app and then you can use it at any time.
- If you are having any issue in completing the setup then do not worry simply contact the support team for help and more information.
These are the basic solutions that can help you in resolving the Echo not connecting to wifi issue. But is there is a technical problem you will have to get in touch with the Echo support team for help.
The technical support team has complete knowledge and understanding of the Echo device.
They will not only help in fixing the issue but also provide you with expert tips on boosting the wifi signals to avoid wifi related issues in the future. So, get in touch with the Echo technical support team for more information.