A Quick Guide on How to Reset Echo Dot
Amazon Echo Dot is one of the best smart speakers that you can have. Whether you want to listen to music, set alarm, book uber, check-in weather, Echo Dot is the best.
However, many times users complain about coming across the ‘Echo not responding’ or ‘Echo not working’ issue. It is very common to come across issues while using the Echo device.
However, these problems can be easily fixed if you follow the basic troubleshooting guidelines to resolve the problem. You can get in touch with the Echo support team for a complete solution.
However, if you are trying to resolve the problem on your own and nothing seems to work then you may have to reset the Echo Dot.
In this blog, we have discussed in detail about how to reset Echo Dot steps. But, in case you are having any difficulty, it is best to get in touch with the support team for help.
Steps for How to Reset Echo Dot?
So, you have tried everything but nothing seems to resolve the problem with the Echo Dot. Now, you are left with one option only that is to reset the Echo Dot.
However, if you do not want to reset the device as it completely wipes off the data and information you can get in touch with the Echo Dot technicians for help.
- The first thing that you need to know is what kind of reset you want to perform even before understanding how to reset Echo Dot.
- So, if the Echo Dot is not responding then the first thing that you should be doing is to take out the plug of the device and then wait for some time.
- Then you can plug in and turn on to see if the issue is fixed or not. It is referred to as ‘soft reset’ and can be easily performed.
- But if this does not fix the issue then you will have to hard reset also called factory reset the Echo Dot.
How to Reset the Echo Dot Smart Speakers?
The easiest way to reset the Echo Dot is by using the Alexa app that can be downloaded in ios and android phones. Here are the steps that you need to follow.
- Open the Alexa app and then tap on the Devices option.
- Then select the Echo and Alexa option.
- Then you can select the speaker that you want to factory reset.
- Go down and then select the option.
- You will then have to confirm on the yes option to reset the device.
However, if you do not have the Alexa app or if the reset is not done using the app there is another method you can follow.
But resetting steps depends on the type of Echo Dot you are using. Here is everything you need to know about how to reset Echo Dot of a different generation.
Echo Dot 1st Generation: Use a paper clip to press and hold the reset button that you can find at the bottom of the device. Wait for 10-20 seconds and then take out the paper clip.
Echo Dot 2nd Generation: To reset this, you need to press and hold the microphone button on the dot and turn it off. Also, press the volume down button at the same time. Wait for some time until the light turns orange. Well, that is it the reset is complete.
Echo Dot 3rd Generation: Press and hold the action button for 30 seconds. The reset is not complete.
Well, these are the steps that you need to follow to complete the factory reset of an Echo Dot. But if the reset is incomplete or you are having any doubt make sure to contact the support team to know how to reset Echo Dot.
But, if you are selling the Echo Dot to someone then you must deregister the device first from the Alexa account. Here are the steps that you need to follow to deregister Echo Dot.
- Open the Alexa app on the mobile phone and then go to the Settings and then tap on the Device Settings.
- If there is more than one device connected then select the one that you want to deregister.
- Now, tap on the deregister option.
These are the basic steps that you need to follow to complete the reset and deregister the Echo Dot. But if you are having any trouble while completing the steps for how to reset Echo Dot make sure to contact the support team for help.